Monday, February 13, 2017

"Sending Love" to My Three (Grand)Sons

I am blessed with three gorgeous (biased of course) grandsons!  Luke 10, Jacob 6 and Davey 2.  All 4 years and 4 months apart.  They are the loves of my life (besides my own son and daughter of course).  As you can see, Davey wasn't having any of this picture taking, unusual for him.



There is something about grandchildren that is so special.  Like when their eyes light up when they see you and even though they might be getting too old for it, still let you hug them. 
 
My grandsons, especially the middle one, love interactive cards.  So I coupled a Twist & Pop card with the wonderful Valentine bundled Sealed with Love stamp set and Love Notes Framelits. Love, Love, Love that bundle!  Here's what I came up with:
 



 


 



 


 


 


 


Images © Stampin' Up
 
Here's the link to the Pop & Twist card directions that I followed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPrvxgXsyu8&feature=youtu.be 

I used the Sending Love DSP, a retired heart border punch, the triple banner punch and the You're Sublime stamp set for Luke and Jacob and the Shooting Star stamp set for the front of Davey's card. 

Inside I used the Love Notes Framelits, DSP, Sealed with Love Stamp set and Dear Heart (rstamp set for the boys' faces.  Two of them are blondies and one is a brunette. 
 
On the panels I used Gorgeous Grunge to lay down a background.  Didn't want them too girly! Inside each of the envelopes there is a card spelling out the message I "heart" you and their name in the first one. 
 
Since the envelopes were a little thick I decided to make a package and send it off in a Flat Rate box.  They also got a little "mailbox", like this one:

I will put the directions in a separate post.  Each mail box holds 2 Hershey Nuggets. 


 


 


Then, thinking that was probably not enough I decided to put in a little gift bag.  In the January Paper Pumpkin they had this cute little Valentine Gift bag.  I wanted to make them less girly so I came up with a template.  This is the result:
The one on the left is the one from Paper Pumpkin, mine is on the right.  Here is the template that I created:
I will post directions in a separate post.

I filled some of our Stampin' Up! 2" x 8" clear bags # 141703  with mini M&M's and tied it with some red ribbon.   


They'll love those.  All of these things took up most of the space in the Flat Rate box and sent it off.  I hope they love them!  I know I loved making everything for them. 

Happy Valentine's Day!

Here's a list of the supplies.  If you enjoy this and do not have a Stampin' Up demonstrator I would love to be given the opportunity to be yours. 

Here's a like to my store:  https://www.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx



 
Sealed with Love
#142815

 
Love Notes
#142752

 
Gorgeous Grunge
#130517

 
Shooting Star
#141619

 
You're Sublime
#139309

 
Sending Love DSP
#142733

 
Real Red cardstock
#102482

 
Triple Banner Punch
#138292
 
 


Silver Foil
#132178

 
  
Cellophane Bags 2" x 8"
#141703





 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...