Sunday, February 12, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day


Well two days until St. Valentine's day.  Personally not one of my favorite holidays, I guess because it separates those of us that don't have a sweetheart from those that do.  I was married twice, first for 10 years and then after 17 years of being single and raising two kids, I married my second husband.  He was the love of my life, but life it not fair.  We only had 5 months of marriage, he died from cancer.  We did have two years and 8 months together and each day was filled with love, romance and lots of fun!  He would buy me the most lovely gifts.  That was almost 9 years ago.  So, to those of you who are blessed with someone to love and who loves you, treasure each day.

I thought I'd share with you a few of the Valentines that I made this year.  I had other's but sent them out.  I have friends and relatives who are also widows and I try to send them Valentines.  Any thank you to my lovely sister-in-law, Lisa who gave me a Valentine to open on Tuesday. So very kind and thoughtful! 

Here are a few ideas, if you are still looking for some:

Love this die set from last years Occasions catalog - Bloomin' Love.

This one is from this year's Occasions catalog - Sealed Love and the coordinating die cuts Love Notes and also the coordinating paper Sending Love.  Love, love, love all the little die cut pieces on this one.

 Another from the same bundle. 

This one uses the Sweetheart punch, and some current and retired DSP.

This one is a little different using the Bow maker and some retired heart Framelits.


Forgive the poor quality of this photo.  It's the thumbnail from a video I just published on YouTube. I would take another but unfortunately this one also got mailed!   This one also uses the Sealed with Love/Love Notes bundle.  I have a video with a little tip on this one.

I have three other Valentines and those are for my 3 sweethearts, named Luke, Jacob and Davey...... My Three (Grand)sons.  For those of you old enough it might remind you of a TV show called "My Three Sons" Their names were Mike, Rob and Chip and later Ernie.  Anyway, I digress again.  I'll post those in a separate post.

Till we meet again.  Have a wonderful day.  May God bless you and yours.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...