Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Jar of Love

This week it's one of my cousins' birthday.  I have 33 first cousins on my dad's side and 57 on my mom's side.  Needless to say, I am not close with all of them.  Most of them are much older than me. But Sunday, I had breakfast with one of them who lives fairly close and we got a chance to catch up a little.  We only see each other maybe twice a year.  

During our conversation of gardens, kids and lefse she mentioned it was her birthday this week.  So on Monday morning I made this card for her.  (I have a lot of cards on hand but it never fails, whenever it's for a friend or family member I always make a new one with them in mind.)

This is one of my favorite bundles from the current 2016-2017 Stampin' Up! annual catalog. It's called Jar of Love. 

I have an affinity for fruit jars.  I have a collection of a few of the old blue ones displayed in my kitchen.  I used to can, mostly fruit and a few vegetables.  There is something comforting about going to your cellar or cupboard and seeing all those jars lined up on the shelf.  They looks so beautiful, you almost hate to open them up and eat them. 




I CASE'd this card from Gosia Mackinnon.  I changed the colors a bit and used a birthday sentiment from Butterfly Basics. 

The ink colors are Flirty Flamingo, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Smokey Slate and Wisteria Wonder. I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these colors, especially the Flirty Flamingo. You will probably see it a lot in my cards.   

TIP: This is a photopolymer stamp set, to get the best results place your card stock on a Stampin' Pierce Mat.  With the Clear Stamps and Wood mounted stamps there is a little more give with the layer of sponge.  This will give your photopolymer stamps that same effect.  I have one mat for stamping and one for paper piercing.  They are pretty inexpensive.

The flowers I stamped off once for the background and the highlight is full strength of the same color.  I also did this for the greenery in the jar and the jar, which is stamped in Smoky Slate.  The water in the jar I stamped of twice before stamping it on the card. 

I used Dimensionals on all the flowers.  I just love how they look, they seem to just pop right off the card! 


Since there isn't a birthday greeting in the collection, I used the greeting from Butterfly Basics. 

Would love to hear your comments. 

Here are the supplies that I used for this card:









 

 

 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...