Saturday, June 5, 2021

Stampin' Surprise Saturday: Dutch Door Fun Fold

What is Stampin' Surprise Saturday you ask?  Well, the 1st Saturday of the month we get together, via Zoom. I love being able to craft with my friends near and far, no matter the weather.  There is not a class fee.  When you have signed up, by the previous Sunday, I will send out a list of supplies needed & the Zoom link on Monday. You have a week to  gather your supplies together, cut and score etc. and then we meet on Zoom that next Saturday.  You choose your colors, embellishments, DSP, stamp sets etc.  I will give a suggestion as to what I'm using and when get meet on Zoom, we put them together. 

 Today's Stampin' Surprise Saturday is a fun fold.  I love to do fun folds for Saturdays, because stamping and Saturdays should be fun!!!!  And the surprise is you don't know what your card will look like when you are done.

For this card I used a base of Basic White, a background layer of Night of Navy and DSP from "Beauty of the Earth"

I love this fun fold. Is it because I'm Dutch?  Maybe..... or because I always loved the doors that opened on the top and the bottom stayed closed? Do I love those because I'm Dutch?  Maybe.... LOL.

The label for the sentiment is cut from Stitched So Sweetly #151690. I used a 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" reverse side of the DSP, from the clouds, and cut a frame using the same die. Then used it as a background. The die cut piece I cut in half and used it on the bottom, just for a little sumpin, sumpin. Waste not, want not.

Here's a few photos on how it was made:


 

 

Hope you'll join me next month for Stampin' Surprise Saturday!  Check my calendar of events on my Stampin' Up!© website for the next Stampin' Up! Saturday as well as my other in person and virtual events: https://sharonbrennan.stampinup.net

Thank you for taking time out of your day to spend with me.  I hope you enjoyed this project.  If you did, please subscribe and share.  

Happy stamping!

 Sharon

 

Images© Stampin' Up!


#cottagelanestamper 
#stampinsurprisesaturday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...