Wednesday, June 2, 2021

June 1, 2021 Tuesdays At Two: Alcohol background wash with Stampin' Blends

 I must admit when I saw the "Expressions In Ink" DSP I fell in love with the look of it.  So beautiful with the melding of colors in a beautiful alcohol wash and then accented with the gold foiling!  I hope I can bear to cut it up and not hoard it.  LOL

I started to do a little poking around on YouTube and found a few demonstrators who showed how to do something similar with some rubbing alcohol, vellum, our Stampin' Blend markers, a paint brush and something to blow the alcohol around.  I used an empty travel bottle


So yesterday, for my "Tuesdays At Two" Facebook Live, I demonstrated how to do this, using the things I had around the house. 

You will need, at least, 91% rubbing alcohol.  I had some 70% and it didn't work as well. I also used an empty travel bottle, that was fairly soft to squeeze, a pliable chopping mat from the Dollar Store, and an inexpensive paint brush.  The paint brush I used had a fairly narrow brush, I would use one with a broad brush next time to apply more alcohol to the vellum.

Here's my video:  (if it does not show up on your mobile device click here)

You want to use a strong adhesive, like Stampin' Seal+ to adhere the vellum to the cardstock, once you are done, because it does curl.  And use the darker blend of the Stampin' Up!© Blender Pens. 

The colors used in the video are Bermuda Bay and Granny Apple Green.  


The pink and yellow card colors are Melon Mambo & Mango Melody. 

I also made a couple other color combinations: 

This one is Light Night of Navy and  Gorgeous Grape.

And lastly, Granny Apple Green & Mango Melody.

Which is your favorite?

Non Stampin' Up!© supplies: 

Rubbing Alcohol (at least 90%)
Dollar Tree Chopping Mat
Straw, travel bottle, Ear Bulb Syringe (Walmart
Paint brush, here's a link to some inexpensive ones from Walmart.

I also used a few Glue Dots to adhere the vellum to the chopping mat, because it will curl as you work on this. 

Dimensions:
Basic White cardstock
  • 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
  • 4" x 5 1/4" (two pieces, one for the base of the vellum and one for the the two pieces that are die cut.
Balmy Blue
  • 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"

Curvy Dies (retiring)
#154319

Vellum
#101856
 

Basic White
#159276
 

Bermuda Bay #131197
 

Granny Apple Green Combo
#154885
Bermuda Bay Combo #154878






Thank you for taking time out of your day to spend with me.  I hope you enjoyed this project.  If you did, please subscribe and share.  

 Sharon

 

Images© Stampin' Up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...