Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Mother's Day Gift: "All Dressed Up" Backpack

 Well today I thought was going to be a surprise for my FB Live viewers, turned out it was a surprise for me.  I bought a used iPhone just to record my FB Live videos frontwards. All the words have been backwards with the Android phone and with an iPhone there is a feature to flip the video.  Well I flipped it, when I had the phone horizontal and then when I used the feature it flipped it to vertical so my video was sideways.  On top of that there is a buzzing noise throughout the whole video. So I apologize for the sound.  I hope I can get it figured out before next week.

Today's project was so much fun to make.  I thought it would make a great gift for mom with a gift card to her favorite store and maybe some chocolates.  A couple years ago I made something to hand out to all of the ladies of our church on Mother's Day.  I thought this would be fun to do for this year, maybe with simpler on the embellishments. 

I paired this with the "Fine Arts" Designer Series Paper and some Merry Merlot cardstock.  The little pocket on the front is heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  I love the little buckles and button die cut from gold foil.  The closure flap has a little velcro dot behind it.  
The die makes a great tote/purse also. Just fold the sides out instead of in and attach the straps differently. 

I also made a few more cards with the same stamp set and dies.  This is a #simplestamping card with just ink and paper.  The color is Melon Mambo and Memento Black. Very simple for making a lot of cards or for those just starting out stamping. 
This card, I call a spotlight card because of the three circles.  The background layer is embossed with the "Painted Textures" 3D embossing folder and then hit with a bit of color using the new Blending Brushes.  Not sure if you can see the double bow with two kinds of ribbon.  The sentiment is stamped in Poppy Parade and the background label is Flirty Flamingo.  I also used Pool Party and So Saffron.
This last one is a fun card.  I used a little bit of the paper that is now retired, that was part of this suite.  I actually used some scraps that I had when I saw this card in a landscape format by stampinanne.  The shoes were stamped in Black Memento and then colored with "Purple Posy" Stampin' Blends.  The ribbon is also in Purple Posy from the "Playing with Patterns" combo pack.  


Here' is today's scratchy video.  Hope you can bear it, I think it was one of my better ones, aside from the sound. If the video does not appear below, on your mobile device, click here. 

(I have deleted the scratchy video and replaced it with a new pre-recorded one.)



Here are the supplies mentioned in today's video as well as the other samples shown. 
Dressed To Impress
#151666

 

All Dressed Up
#151665

Fine Art Gallery DSP
#154558
 

Basic White cardstock
159276
 

Flirty Flamingo
#141416

Pool Party
#122924
 

So Saffron
#105118
 

Melon Mambo #115320
 

Gold Foil Sheets #132622


Painted Textures 3D Embossing Folder
#154317

Flirty Flamingo #147052

Pool Party
#147107
 

So Saffron
#147109
 

Poppy Parade #147050
 

Melon Mambo #147051
 

Memento Black #132708
 

Playing with Patterns Combo
#152468
 

Pool Party Sheer
#152462

Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding
#151326
 

Holiday Rhinestone #150457
 

Purple Posy
#154896
 

Adhesive Sheets #152334
 

2" Circle Punch (retiring)
        #133782

Multipurpose Glue #110755
 

Stampin Dimensionals
#104430
 

 


Thank you for stopping by!

Sharon

Images© Stampin' Up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...