Wednesday, April 7, 2021

"Forever Fern" #simplestamping, April 6, 2021 "Tuesdays At Two"

 Hey friends!  Spring has finally sprung!  This past week we broke a record temp for April, 85 degrees!  And yesterday during my video, it started thundering and I was just hoping that the rain would hold off until I finished my FB Live since I had all my windows open!  And it did!  Praise God!  

Stampin' Up!© has a monthly card challenge called #simplestamping where you make a simple card with just paper, ink and stamps.  It wasn't my intent when making this card.  My inspiration was actually a card I received from Joyce Meyer Ministries.  Where do you get your inspiration from?  Sometimes for me, it's something I see in a store or even in my neighborhood.  

This is yesterdays card, and it uses a simple masking technique.  The colors I used in the card are "Pretty Peacock" (a 2019 - 2021 In Color, which is retiring), "Crumb Cake", "Garden Green" and "Just Jade" (a 2020 - 2022 In Color). The sentiment is from the "Sweet Ice Cream" stamp set.  I love the HUGE "Happy Birthday" it also has a great "Thank You" about the same size. 

The dies are beautiful, leaves. I like to see how they look die cut, before I buy, so here's a sample of all the dies.  The little group of leaves has a die and also a mirror die that does not have a coordinating stamps, but there are techniques on how create that.  

Here are other cards samples that I shared yesterday.  Two of the embossing folders that I used, will be retiring and they are two of my favorites, "Subtles" and "Scripty". 

 


 


 


 


 Three of these are very simple cards and I love that simplicity.  I also used left over pieces from other cards in the bottom two cards. 

The top right cards uses the "Stitched So Sweetly" dies (and sadly is retiring)  and this is one of my favorites and uses the beautiful, coordinating "Forever Greenery" DSP.  A simple and quick card.

The top, left card uses the "Tasteful Textile" embossing folder as the background layer.  

Here is yesterday's video, if the video does not appear on your mobile device click this link


All the supplies used in these 5 cards will be listed below for your convenience. If an item is retiring an "R" will be next to the item number.  Unfortunately it appears that the "Pretty Peacock" paper and ink supplies are already depleted.  😞

Forever Fern bundle
#154094

Forever Fern stamp set
#152559
 

Forever Flourishing dies
#152714
 

Sweet Ice Cream stamp set
#156224
 

Tasteful Textiles 3D embossing folder
#152718
 

Scripty 3D embossing folder
#149634 (R)
 

Subtle 3D embossing folder
#151775 (R)
 

Stitched So Sweetly dies
#152323 (R)
 

Stitched Shapes dies
#152323 (R)
 

Layering Circles dies
#151770
 

Basic White cardstock
#159276
 

Night of Navy cardstock
#100867
 

Garden Green cardstock
#102584
 

Pretty Peacock "R"
(no longer available out of stock) 
 

Forever Greenery DSP
#152492 (R)

Crumb Cake ink
#147116

Just Jade ink
#153115

Soft Seafoam ink
#147102

Garden Green ink
#147089
 

Highland Heather ink
#147103
 

Night of Navy ink
#147110
 

White Craft ink
#147277
 

Flowers for Every Season ribbon
#153620
 

Playing with Patterns ribbon
#152468 (R)
 

Holiday Rhinetones
#150457

 

Stampin' Dimensionals
#104430
 

Stampin' Seal
#152813
 

Multipurpose Glue
#110755

Stamparatus
#146276

So sorry, but the Pretty Peacock cardstock is on the retirement list and has become totally depleted.   


Thank you for stopping in!  Hope you subscribe to my blog and meet me next Tuesdays on Facebook for my "Tuesdays At Two" (central time).

Sharon

Images© Stampin' Up!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...