Saturday, February 2, 2019

"Tasty Truck" Birthday card

Last night as I was switching my calendar over to the new month I spotted a birthday.  I've been trying to find out this friend's birth date for a few years.  It was easy when we worked together, I had a sheet in my desk that listed all my coworkers birthdays. 

Well, last year I finally got the date!  And don't ya know, I missed it, it was last week.  So, even though this card is late, it's at least closer than I have gotten in YEARS!

This sweet friend is one of the hardest working women I know.  She not only has a daytime job, but also works a ton of festivals with her husband and their food truck most weekends in the spring, summer & fall.  I've even helped out a couple times.  Typically they do":THE BEST" kettle corn, funnel cakes, but they also do fry bread tacos.  Since my retired "Tasty Truck" set not only has a food truck but also tacos, so I thought it perfect for her!

I had gotten up in the middle of the night at about 2 and couldn't get back to sleep. After reading, tossing and turning, looking at my phone at card ideas on Pinterest, organizing my Pinterest and on and on at 6 I finally got up.  Took out my stamp set and started working on this card. 


Not only is the stamp set retired so is the DSP. This card is done in Tempting Turquoise, Lemon Lime Twist and a little bit of Pineapple Punch.   I also used some really long-time retired metallic pencils, from Stampin' Up!, on the hub cabs!

Those tacos are pretty big aren't they!  Hahaha!  Must be family sized!

I like to keep a lot of my favorite stamp sets that are retired, for just this reason, personal cards for friends and family.  Yesterday, I actually cleared off another shelf on my bookshelf, of books, to make room for my new stamp sets.  Yeah, I'm a hoarder!  Though I do have a few I've sold on eBay. 

Anyway, I hope she likes this.  If  you know her, you will see her initials in the flags.  :-)  I'll mail it off today.  She's not on Facebook so I'm sure it will still be a surprise.

It's finally warmed up here in Minnesota, from 30 below to a balmy 15 degrees, so I'll now venture out to the mailbox.

Hope you enjoyed this project.

Take care dear friends!  Thanks for stopping by!

God Bless!

Sharon

Images: Stampin' Up! ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...