Monday, February 4, 2019

"First Frost" Birthday

It's a busy month for birthdays.  I have 4 cards to make for the first week.  This card is for a dear cousin of mine who has stood by me through many trials these last few years.  She's cooked for me, carried my luggage, listened to me complain and hugged me when I needed it.

Actually, she's my cousin's daughter, and we are 1 year apart.  We share a love of creating, (she makes beautiful quilts), gardening, genealogy, cooking (she's a terrific cook) and laughter, lots of laughter.



I CASE'd this beautiful card from Aurora Lopez.

This card is also created with the "First Frost" stamp set and the coordinating "Frosted Bouquet" Framelits.  This set came out as a suite in the 2018 Holiday catalog and the stamp set and Framelits have been carried forward, which thrilled me when I heard that!  It's not just for "Christmas" any more Charlie Brown! It has some beautiful sentiments and florals for the whole year.

The card base is Melon Mambo and the basket weave layer is Crumb Cake, embossed with the "Basket Weave" Dynamic folder.  The Dynamic embossing folder is a little thicker, so you only need the platform and one clear plate on top when using your Big Shot. (Hint: to get a deeper impression, spritz your card stock with some rubbing alcohol, it dries faster than water).

The oval is die cut using the "Layering Ovals" Framelits, the Whisper White in the simple oval, 2nd from the largest (2-3/4" x 3-3/4") and the Melon Mambo with the largest scalloped oval.

I am so in love with the exclusive "Disinktive" stamps that Stampin' Up! has developed in the last couple years!  They give your stamped image such a realistic look.  Absolutely beautiful!

The leaves/sprig are stamped in Pear Pizzazz, on the Whisper White oval and the second is stamped and then die cut with the "Frosted Bouquet" Framelits.  A few of the flowers are also stamped on Whisper White and die cut.  A couple of flowers are stamped on the white oval.

The banner is stamped on a scrap piece of Whisper White and then the ends hand cut into a banner.  The outside sentiment is from "Balloon Celebration" and the inside sentiment is from the "Stitched All Around" stamp set.  A wonderful set with lots of amazing sentiments and also has a coordinating Framelit set, "Stitched Labels".

A little "Linen Thread" is used to finish off this card, tied in a little bow and adhered with a glue dot. 

Here are the supplies, which are available in my 24/7 shop: here!  If you don't have a demonstrator I hope you will give me the opportunity to be yours! 


First Frost stamp set
#148420


Stitched All Around stamp set
#146632
 
Balloon Celebration
#140675

Frosted Bouquet
#147895


Layering Ovals
#141706
Crumb Cake card stock
#120953



Melon Mambo card stock
#115320


Whisper White card stock
#100730

Basket Weave Dynamic embossing folder
#146841


Melon Mambo stamp pad
#147651


Pear Pizzazz stamp pad
#147104


Linen Thread
#104199


Thank you for stopping by!  If you enjoyed this project I hope you will give a "thumbs up".  Make sure to subscribe to catch all my latest projects.

Have a beautiful day and may God bless you!

Sharon


Images: Stampin' Up! ©


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...