Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Double Slider card featuring the January 2019 Paper Pumpkin pillow boxes.

I was minding my own business this week, scrolling through Facebook and saw the cutest double slider card made with the pillow boxes from the adorable January 2019 Paper Pumpkin "Be Mine" Valentine kit!  So I knew I had to try this!

There was a double slider card video mentioned in the FB comments, which I watched and then watched about 3 others.  So for two days, off and on I tried to make a one for myself, unsuccessfully.  Luckily, (wisely) I used some regular card stock to make a template.  Nothing seemed to work, until I watched another video which was much simpler.  All of the videos of slider cards used regular card stock not the pillow boxes so a little adapting was involved.

So, this morning I made a 4th attempt, and I finally had some success!


I took a bunch of photos as I was putting it together, unfortunately my phone takes photos only when it wants to and it decided today was not the day it was going to keep any of them. :-( So I set about putting together this video using the pillow boxes. You will need two pillow boxes from the Paper Pumpkin kit).

I also created a template, for those who don't have access to the pillow boxes, that can be made with card stock.  You could also cut out the template on some decorative paper (in the Stampin' Up!© world we refer to this as DSP (Designer Series Paper), and glue them together. (A heavier card stock is needed for the pillow box.)

The template is available, as a digital download, along with the instructions in my Etsy store:
https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/CottageLaneStamper/tools/listings/state:draft,sort:update_date,order:ascending/681079767 

The template can be printed and cut out on an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of cardstock and then cut out.  Score on the dashed lines.

The slider panels on the inside are 2" x 4" (the ones in the video are 2"x 3" but the larger size works).

If you also love the Animal Expeditions suite, here are those items:

Animal Outings stamp set
#146600
Animal Friends Framelits
#146823











and the adorable DSP

Animal Outings DSP
#146902
I did use DSP on one of my pillow boxes, the cute little frogs talking to each other.

I also mentioned using the "Be Mine" Framelit set on one of the pillow boxes.  This Framelit set has some gorgeous hearts.

Be Mine Framelits
#148527

Let me know if you give this project a try.  I'd love to hear how it worked for you.

Take care & have a blessed day!











Images: Stampin' Up!®

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...