Saturday, January 27, 2018

January 2018 Paper Pumpkin Alternate "Heartfelt Love Notes"

I have to admit I saw this idea on a Facebook page for demonstrators and love it.  I thought it would be such a cute idea to tuck in the Valentines cards for my daughter's family.  All five of them love books from the 4 year old to the almost 12 year old as well as the parents.




When I made these I used a some retired stamp and Framelit sets as well as current and parts from the January Paper Pumpkin kit.  I will list them below.  But I'm sure you would want to personalize these for your own friends or family.

This is what the cards look like using the instructions in the kit:

Images: Stampin' Up!©


Cut the pocket card at a diagonal on the bottom. Then on the other half cut about one inch from the rounded end, all the way across, creating another triangle and secure one of the sides with some Tear & Tape. 



The top left uses the new "Apron of Love" from the 2018 Occasions catalog, this one is for my daughter, who loves to bake and is stamped with a baking mitt and with "I ♥ baking". The hearts are cut with the "Sweet & Sassy Heart" Framelits

The top right one is for my son-in-law, who loves working with his hands when he's not working as a computer engineer.  I used the retired "Build It" Framelits for the Smoky Slate sentiments and Basic Gray background for the tools.  The foil pieces, nut, screw and screw head are also from this set.  The wrenches are stamped from "Guy Greetings" in the current annual catalog, stamped in Basic Gray and fussy cut.

The bottom left is for my oldest grandson who, it appears, is following in his father's footsteps and has been writing computer code for over a year.  He's always wearing his headphones when he's doing this. The stamp set is from the Sale-a-bration catalog, which you can only get with a qualifying purchase.  The set is called "Epic Celebrations". The banner is punched with the Everyday Punch and trimmed down a little. 

The bottom middle bookmark is for my youngest grandson, I didn't have a truck, train or toy car so I chose at panda from the current Sale-a-bration catalog that you can only earn with a qualifying purchase.  It's called "Party Pandas".  An adorable set with three different pandas all in party mode. The banner is from the January Paper Pumpkin kit.

The far right bottom bookmark is for my middle grandson who LOVES penguins.  For his bookmark I used the retired Holiday catalog bundle "Snow Place" and "Snow Friends" Framelits.  The vellum heart is from the January Paper Pumpkin kit.  (If you have the "Sure Do Love You" bundle the current Occasions catalog the Framelit heart is the same size as what is in the Paper Pumpkin kit.)

Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed this.  Make sure to subscribe to get updates. 

www.sharonbrennanstampinup.net
Cottage Lane Stamper


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...