Monday, January 9, 2017

New Watercolor Pencils and Tasty Trucks

Hi!  Hope you've had a chance to take a look at the new Occasions and Sale-A-Brations catalogs!  They are phenomenal!  So many gorgeous things to choose from.  My initial wish list was over $400!  So, not being independently wealthy I had to pare it down a bit.

One of my new favorite items are the Watercolor Pencils in 13 beautiful colors.  They are awesome, so easy to work with. You will want these in your arsenal of Stampin' Up tools.  You can color with them and leave it as it is, or you can watercolor with them, using our wonderful Aqua Painters.  I tried it a few ways on three types of paper; Watercolor, Shimmer paper and Whisper White cardstock. 



Watercolor paper really gives your project that artistic watercolor look.  The Shimmer paper is a little more water resistant and the Whisper White paper works also, but it may leave your paper a little bowed.  Make sure that when water coloring you use the Black Archival ink.

If you just want to get your "color on", we also have some Inside the Lines DSP from the Sale-A-Brations catalog that you can get free with a $50 order from Occasions catalog. Just the thing for those whose are into the new adult coloring trend.

Here's a little video I put together when I test drove these beauties!






 

2 comments:

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...