Saturday, December 31, 2016

High Tide - Hope

Hi!  Thanks for stopping by!

Here's another one of my favorite products from the 2017 Occasions Catalog, well actually two!  One is the High Tide stamp set with the beautiful sentiments, sure to give anyone's day a lift, and the other is the new Watercolor Pencils that Stampin' Up! has come out with.  I understand that they had another set previously, before I became a demo.  I do have the Wondercolor Wonder crayons that were retired a while ago.



I have a cousin that loves lighthouses!  So I thought, perfect for her next birthday!  Plus this will go well with a couple other sets that I have. 

I love that we have sea gulls two ways, in the air and on the beach. 

After I stamped lighthouse with Lost Lagoon (retired), I colored the left side with the Slate Gray colored pencil then used my Aqua Painters to blend the colors. 

With the Watercolor pencils you can color them in the traditional way, or, as I did, use the Aqua Painters to blend the colors.  You can also use the Aqua Painter directly on the pencil and then color your stamped item that way.  It may give you a little more intensity in color.  If you want the colors darker, after it dries, go over it again with your pencil and then your Aqua Painter but be careful if you are using Whisper White so it doesn't get too wet. 

I like the muted colors on this, they to me, seem soothing for someone who may be hitting a few rough spots in lift. 

I used a little Linen Thread wrapped around the banner.  The banner is punched with the Triple Banner punch and the sentiment is also stamped in Lost Lagoon.

Here's a little video I put together making the card. Hope you enjoy it!



In a video that I will be posting in the near future, I will show the difference between using the water pencils  on  Whisper White cardstock, Shimmer paper and Watercolor paper. 

Would love to hear how you like this. 

Here's a list of the supplies.  Sorry I can't post the photos of the new items from the Occasions catalog, I will after it goes live.  Meanwhile you will have the item number and the name.

Supplies:
 The DSP I used, By the Sea, and Lost Lagoon card base and light house/sentiment ink are all retired.

 High Tide stamp set #143006
 
Picture to come later
 Watercolor Pencils #141709
 
 
 
Triple Banner Punch
#138292
 
Linen Thread
#104199
 
Sahara Sand
#126976
 
Soft Sky
#131181
 
Smokey Slate
#131179
 
Aqua Painters
#103954
 
Mini Glue Dots
#103683
 
Dimensionals
#104430
 
Snail
#104332
 
Stampin' Pierce Mat
#126199
 Images © Stampin' Up!
 
 
 

 When the 2017 catalog goes live I will post an image of the stamp set and Watercolor pencils.  So sorry that I used some papers that were retired.  I think this would also look good in Pool Party or Dapper Denim, even Real Red! 

Thank you for stopping by. 

Please hop over to my store to purchase your supplies. 

Subscribe and you will get emails whenever I post something new. 

If you do not have a demonstrator it would be my privilege to be yours.  All my current customers get the new catalogs as soon as they are available, mailed directly to your home. 

If you have any questions please let me know.  I'd be happy to answer them. 

Take care!  God bless!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...