Thursday, March 3, 2016

Throw Back Thursday - "Miss You A Latte"


It's Throw Back Thursday! 
 
Do you have those retired sets that you just love?  This is one of mine.  "What's Brewin'"
 
This card was divinely inspired. (Hehe)  I was in church last night for Lenten services and there was a graphic on the screen of a latte viewed from overhead. The latte had on of those hearts that you get from those gourmet coffee shops. The cup was in a saucer and on the saucer rested some coffee beans scattered around the cup.
 
Well, try as I might I was not able to recreate what I had in my mind.  In the process I pulled out this retired set and played with it for a while and this is what evolved.
 
The cups, coffee beans, sentiment and steam from the right cup are from the "What's Brewin'" retired Stampin' Up set. 

The spoon, which if you have read a previous post, I love, love, love is from the 2016 Occasions catalog "Cups and Kettle's" Framelit.  I bought this bundled with the "A Nice Cuppa" stamp set. 

The doily is also a Throwback to a doily die cut that I purchased a while ago.  Stampin' Up has a similar one, "Darling Doily" Thinlet Die, right now on clearance in the Stampin' Up online store ( http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=133736 ).  I love being able to create my own doilies in any color that I desire!
 
The cups I used my Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker and colored the cup right on the stamp.  The "latte" was also colored on the stamp with a Stampin' Write Marker in  "Crumb Cake" from the Neutrals collection. I stamped the cups and then cut them out by hand.  The one in the front is popped out with some "Dimensionals".
  • The doily is cut out of Pink Pirouette card stock.
  • The "steam heart" is cut out of Vanilla cardstock, same as the background layer. 
  • The steam on the second cup is stamped in "Tip Top Taupe", stamping off once before stamping on the card. 
  • The coffee beans are stamped in "Early Espresso". 
  •  The spoon is cut with the die cut from the "Cups and Kettles Framelit".  I have some self-adhesive silver tape from my late husband's garage stash, put it on a piece of scrap cardstock and cut it out on my Big Shot with the spoon die, then smoothed the little pokey holes left on the spoon with my bone folder. 
  • The sentiment is also stamped out of "Early Espresso" and cut out with the "Scallop Oval" punch.
  • The card itself is  Chocolate Chip cardstock. 

I made a mistake stamping on this card.  Can you find it?

Would love to hear your comments! 

All the supplies can be purchased in my store, and as always appreciate  your business.  Love making new stamping friends!


Supplies:



Cups & Kettle Framelits Dies by Stampin' Up!
Cups & Kettles Framelits #140624
Chocolate Chip 8-1/2 x 11 Cardstock by Stampin' Up!
Chocolate Chip #102128
Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad by Stampin' Up!
Early Espresso #126974
Tip Top Taupe Classic Stampin' Pad  by Stampin' Up!
Tip Top Taupe #138325
    
    Scallop Oval Punch by Stampin' Up!
    Scallop Punch #119856
    Pink Pirouette 8-1/2 x 11 Cardstock by Stampin' Up!
    Pink Pirouette #111351

    



Stampin' Dimensionals by Stampin' Up!
Dimensionals #104430
Darling Doily Thinlits Die by Stampin' Up!
Darling Doily # 133736
2016 Occasions Catalog (Single Copy) by Stampin' Up!
2016 Occasions Catalog

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...