Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Santa's Key a Christmas Craft

 

Hard to believe that it's mid September and I'm in the midst crafting for the craft fair. I have several crafts already for the craft fair in November. Today I'm sharing a new one with you. I've been wanting to do this one for a few years.

Somewhere, years ago I acquired some skeleton keys, and I even downloaded some sentiments for the tag but do you think I can find it? Of course not. So I perused Pinterest, found a sentiment that I liked and made my own template. You can find it in my digital files on my website or in the "files" section of my Facebook group page "Cottage Lane Stamper & Friends".



I used an old die from Stampin' Up!©/Sizzix called Bigz Two Tags, it's about 1/2" thick so you only need the clear plates when die cutting.. I acquired this when I bought a "lot" from someone before I became a demonstrator. I've also used the other die for bookmarks, that you can find on my here, in my crafts section.


I used Cherry Cobbler as a base, and cut gold foil to go behind the sentiment. I used a couple of retired little punches to round the corners on the foil and a ticket punch on the sentiment.

I like to use up my retired products for my crafts, so the ribbon is a metallic Cherry Cobbler and the tassels were also something I had on hand.

I'd love to hear if you like this little craft item.

Make sure to like, share & subscribe to catch all my posts.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...