Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Gnome Place Like Gnome

 

Where do gnome's live? Well besides New Ulm? Ha Ha Ha! In the woods and in snow? Saw a card on Pinterest that inspired me to create this card. I'm always a little late with playing with my things of late. This background pattern paper is from last year's Fall Mini, with the Kindest Gnome set.

I ran across a video this morning in my Pinterest feed that showed how to make arms using the small mushroom die and the nose for hands. I like the striped, embossed end of the mushroom that looks like ribbing on his sleeves.


The tree is from a retired set, In The Woods. I like that the little branches are 3D and pop out it is die cut from Shaded Spruce. I used a little pearlized paint to accent the tree branches.


In this little "story" the gnome is making a snowman. Can you tell? The snowballs are 3/4", 1/2" and 1/4" circles. I ran the edges through my Gray Granite stamp pad. I free cut the nose, and a snip for a piece of coal. Guess I forgot about the eyes. Well, the gnome isn't really done making the snowman yet is he. LOL


I coordinated the colors in the gnome to coordinate with the background paper, Calypso Coral and (retired) Pacific Point, and the background layer is Pool Party. I tried to use some puff paint for his beard, but it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. The die actually has some cute embossing in the beard when you die cut it.



I die cut one of the gnomes from the Pattern Paper for the inside. I think it turned out pretty cute!


Hope you enjoy this card, if for nothing more than for inspiration.


Thank you for taking some of you time today to spend with me.







Images: Stampin' Up!© 1990 - Current

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...