Saturday, July 18, 2020

Jar of Flowers: Pinewood Planks Embossing on stamped image

I love the rustic look of the Pinewood Planks embossing folder.  It's reminiscent to me of barnwood.  I paired this embossing folder with the sunflowers from the Jar of Flowers stamp set, from the 2020 - 2021 Annual catalog.

This is a simple card, easy to make, if you don't mind a little fussy cutting.  I'm not very good at it, so my ScanNCut, by Brother©, comes in handy for this.

The image is stamped in Early Espresso and colored with the Mango Melody, Soft Suede and Old Olive Stampin' Blends©.

One image is stamped on the Whisper White cardstock and colored and then run through the embossing machine with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder.  The second image is stamped on a scrap piece of Whisper White and then fussy cut or, in my case, cut with the ScanNCut.  Love how it gives a die cut look.  Then popped up with some Dimensionals.

The back layer is Crushed Curry and the sentiment, from Pretty Parasols, is stamped in Early Espresson on a scrap of Whisper White and then hand cut into a banner, with Dimensionals on the back.

VIDEO:

The card was embellished with some retired epoxy dots, that look like drops of dew.

Dimensions:
Whisper White 8-1/2" x 11" scored at 4-1/4", 4" x 5-1/4", two scrap pieces for banner and second image, that is fussy cut.
Crushed Curry: 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"


Supplies can be purchased at my store: https://sharonbrennan.stampinup.net


 
Jar of Flowers stamp set
#152515
Pretty Parasols stamp set
#152663
 
Pinewood Planks 3D embossing folder
#152320
 
Whisper White cardstock
#100730
 
Crushed Curry cardstock
#131199
 
Early Espresso
#147114

Stampin' Blends: Mango Melody
#154888


Stampin' Blends: Soft Suede
#154906


Stampin' Blends: Old Olive
#144597

Stampin' Pierce Mat
#126199


Stampin' Seal
#152813


Stampin' Dimensionals
#104430


Thank you for stopping by. Make sure you subscribe to receive all my updates on new projects, tips and techniques!


Sharon



Images: Stampin' Up!®

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...