Tuesday, June 23, 2020

World of Good: Old World Letter

I love the look of the"Beautiful World" stamp set and World Map dies.  From what I've seen on Pinterest people are using the globe and stand stamps and dies.  I wanted to try something with, maybe, the lesser used dies. 

There is one that just embosses the look of script that embosses instead of cutting.



I think I have some parchment paper somewhere but wasn't sure where I put it to keep it safe.  So I took a piece of copy paper and the die that looks like script.  I tapped the die in my Sahara Sand ink pad the put it on my copy paper and ran it through my die cutting & embossing machine so the script was inked up. Starting at the top I did this all the way down the little 2" x 2-3/4" sheet.

Then I sponged it a little and used an old retired Distressing Tool.  This is what it looks like, if you have one laying around and don't know what it's for.


Stampin' Distress Tool - Stampin' Up! | Stampin up, Stampin, Paper ...
I ran it around the "letter" creating a little ragged edge.  Then I lightly sponged the paper to make it look weathered. 

I added a couple more stamps and dies, the feather stamped in Basic Gray, the ink well, the compass and a ship from "Sailing Away" stamp set and the coordinating "Smooth Sailing" dies. 

The sentiment is punched with the new Lovely Layers Pick a Punchpunch, stamped in Early Espresso.

The background layer is the "Old World Paper" embossing folder from the World of Good Suite in one of the new In Colors - Cinnamon Cider. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...