Monday, June 15, 2020

Peony Garden Suite: 3D Flower assembly

As soon as I saw the Peony Garden Suite Collection in the catalog I new I would be ordering it.  When I lived in New Ulm I had a beautiful row of deep pink peonies that bordered the edge of my yard and driveway.  Every time I drove into my driveway I would stop to admire them  It saddens me to say that the people that bought my house didn't have the same affection for them as I did.  They removed them. 😞

I CASE'd this card from Rachel Tessman, another Minnesota demonstrator, who's very talented. Mine is a little different. This one is Purple Posy cardstock and sponged with Highland Heather.

I made 4 different cards.  The first two I did ahead of time with the Petal Pink on Petal Pink and the Flirty Flamingo on Whisper White.

The Whisper White background layer is embossed with the Subtle 3D embossing folder as is the banner on which the sentiment is stamped.
I inadvertently forgot to order the coordinating 3D embossing folder, Dainty Diamonds so I substituted the Peony Garden DSP.  This card is Whisper White cardstock sponged with Flirty Flamingo.
I did something a little different with this one, by adding a layer of vellum that I embossed with the Subtles 3D embossing folder. Underneath is a layer of Petal Pink cardstock. The flower parts are also Petal Pink and sponged with Petal Pink.
This is a closeup of the Whisper White and Flirty Flamingo.  I love the subtly of the sponging!

I did a video while making the third card with the Purple Posy and Highland Heather. When I went to download the file it was corrupted!!! So I re-did the video with this flower.



The flower is die cut in Whisper White and is sponged with Petal Pink. The pistel (the middle part of the flower) is die cut in Whisper White and the ends are sponged with So Saffron. I forgot to put the Elegant Fauceted Gems on this last card. OOPS!

I used scraps of Pear Pizzazz for the leaves and Old Olive for the leaf edgings.

The sentiments are from Peaceful Moments stamp set.

See how the Peony is assembled in this video.  It's not as intimidating as it might appear.



DIMENSIONS:
Whisper White: Card Base 8-1/2 x 5-1/2" and for flowers 4" x 5-1/4"
Colored Card layer 3-7/8 x 5-1/8"
Peony Garden DSP 2-1/2" x 3-7/8"
Banner - Gray Granite 2" x 4-1/2"
Scraps of Pear Pizzaz for leaves and Old Olive for leaf edges

SUPPLIES:
 
Peony Garden Suite Collection
#154129
 
Prize Peony Bundle
#154056
 
Prize Peony Stamp Set
#152504
 
Peony dies
#152701
 
Peaceful Moments stamp set
#151595
 
Peony Garden DSP
#152483
Old Olive cardstock
#100702

Pear Pizzaz cardstock
#131201
Highland Heather Cardstock
#146986

Purple Posy cardstock
#150881

Petal Pink cardstock
#146985

Gray Granite cardstock
#146983


Whisper White cardstock
#100730


Vellum
#101856
Petal Pink
#147108

Highland Heather
#147103

Old Olive
#147090

Flirty Flamingo
#147052
So Saffron
#147109
 
Tuxedo Black
#132708
Subtles 3D Embossing Folder
#151775
Thank you for stopping by!  Love to hear your comments!
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...