Sunday, April 14, 2019

Onstage 2019 Part 1: Is Becoming A Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Worth It?

Hi Friends,

It's been a while since I have posted.  I'm sitting in my living room, listening to some relaxing music, sipping some cinnamon tea and recovering from yesterday's events; 2019 Regional Onstage Stampin' Up!© conference in Minneapolis.

I say recover because I suffer from 3 autoimmune diseases and chronic fatigue so it will take me two to three days to get back to my "normal". But the Onstage Event was worth it.  We get to catch up with and meet new fellow demonstrators!  Ours was the largest Regional gathering "GLOBALLY".  That's saying something. I think the only event larger than ours was the LIVE event in Australia, where our CEO Sara Douglass was.

Imagine being in a room with 1200 other (mostly) ladies, who share the same passion for card making and paper crafting as you.  Yes there was a lot of laughter and a few tears, usually by Sara when she expresses her love of her demonstrators and the difference we make in peoples lives with a simple handmade card.

Here's a video of the contents as well as photos of the items. 



So when we arrive we get a tote bag and today I want to share with you everything that we got. But first I want to share with you what our new catalog looks like! This will go live June 2019.


There are a lot a new and wonderful changes as to the layout of the catalog, but I will review that in another post! 

Upon checking in we each receive our badge and a new tote bag. In our tote bag we each got, a lanyard, didn't think you'd want to see a photo of that.  A pin with a number that is for our Prize Patrol prize.  More about that later.

We also got:

An 8" x 11" notebook with two front covers, this is one:

This is the other front:


We got two pens to take notes with:


A set of 6 personalized Stampin' Up!© file folders, aren't they adorable!

and the piece de resistance one of the new stamp sets! May I introduce you to Daisy Lane!  Does she look a little familiar?  It's because she coordinates with Daisy Delight in the current catalog and the Daisy Punch!  There will also be another smaller Daisy punch to go with the smaller daisy in this set.  How cool is that?


So that's what EVERYONE got!  Then we had our Prize Patrol.  They call out a number, so in my case it was number 6!  So everyone with number 6 got this stamp set! My upline, Candy, became a new grandmother the day before Onstage, so I'm going to make her a card with this.  She new that she would miss Onstage, and we missed her, but nothing can compare to holding that new little blessing in your arms!

There are six Prize Patrols throughout the day, each number receives a different stamp set.

Oh, but there's more. During the day we make usually 4 cards this year we made a 5th.  And I will share all the cards in a separate post.

Towards the end of the day, after the all the cards have been made, we put almost all the items we used back into the box and then the MC tells us who gets to go first.  This year it was the one who had the next birthday.  So my dear upline Georgia, got to go first.  Then we each get to take, in turn, somthing from the box, until it is all empty!

This is what I got! (Minus a blender pen I forgot to put in the photo)


Oh, and at the very end of they day we all got one more thing. A pack of one of the new DSP, which is included in the photo above.  It's called Mosaic Mood!

So all in all, it was a great day.   We had speakers doing demo's on the new stamp sets, recognition's for milestones and of course a great lunch.

Is it worth becoming a demonstrator?  Absolutely yes!  Besides all the perks we get all year long and the friendships we make with our customers.  My little bag was stuffed! Thankfully I had my mom's walker to use.  No, I didn't steal it from her, I inherited it when she passed last November.  It was a Godsend for walking and carrying my loot!

If you are interested in becoming a demonstrator contact me through here or my FB page: Cottage Lane Stamper & Friends. I would consider it a blessing to have you on my team and as a friend.

Stay tuned for my next posts on the cards we made and information the new changes in the catalog!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...