Thursday, April 18, 2019

CLS April Class Card #3: Beach Happy!

I'm moving right into summer!  It's been a much too long a winter and way too much snow!

This card is made withe Beach Happy stamp set in the Occasions catalog.  If this is on your "gotta have it" list, get it some because it's not being carried over and when supplies run out it's bye, bye Beach Happy!


If you know me, then you know I love anything beachy.  The only thing missing in this set, as far as I'm concerned is a pair of flip flops! It's 50 degrees out, warm by Minnesota standards and I'm wearing mine already.

Directions:

  • The card base is 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" of Whisper White cardstock, scored at 4-1/4"
  • The base layer is Flirty Flamingo (one of my favorite colors, maybe because it also reminds me of warmer climes)
    • It is cut 4" x 5-1/4"
    • I ran it through the Big Shot (retiring) using the Seaside embossing folder.(make sure you put it through the Big Shot with the "waves" going the right direction.
  • Another piece of Whisper White is used for the stamped image.  It is 3-3/4" x 4"
    • I found it easier to stamp the palm tree first on the left, in Soft Suede. When putting it on the clear block, bend it a little to over shadow the chair and umbrella.
    • The palm tree leaves are stamped in Pear Pizzaz.
    • The umbrella/chair image is stamped in Black Memento.
    • The chair strips are stamped in Flirty Flamingo
    • The umbrella is stamped in Coastal Cabana. If you have a hard time getting it all filled in, I used the Bermuda Bay Stampin' Blend to fill in white areas.  Seems to match pretty well. 
    • The hat is stamped in Black Memento and the colored in with Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blend.  
      • I used the dark blender pen for the underside of the had and the lighter color for the top of the hat.  
      • I used my Black Stampin' Write marker to color in the black band on the hat.  
    • The sentiment is stamped on a scrap of Daffodil Delight in Memento Black and punched out with the 1-1/4" circle punch. The sentiment is popped up with Dimensionals.
      • There are 3 circle punches being retired, this is one of them, the other two are the 1-3/4" and the 3/4" circle punches.  
      • If one or all of these are on your wish list order early, supplies are limited.
Supplies: can be purchased in my store here

Beach Happy (Retiring)
#148585 

Seaside (Retiring)
#141481

Flirty Flamingo cardstock
#141416

Whisper White cardstock
#100730

Daffodil Delight cardstock
#119683

Flirty Flamingo ink
#147052
Coastal Cabana ink
#147097

Soft Suede ink
#147115

Memento Black ink
#132708

Pear Pizzaz Ink
#147104
Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends - Light
#144586
 
Bermuda Bay Stampin' Blend - Light
#144580


Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends - Dark
#144585

1-1/14" Circle punch (Retiring)
#119861
I hope you enjoy this card a much as I did making it. It's one of my favorites.

Thanks for stopping by!  

If you don't have a demonstrator I'd love to be yours!

Sharon

Images: Stampin' Up!®

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...