Wednesday, February 24, 2016

"There's Always Time for Tea"

Do you ever have an idea and when you start working on it become unsure of if it will work?  That was today. 
 
I wanted the background layer to look like a homespun table cloth that I have. 
 
First I cut a sheet of Pool Party Card stock in half to make a A2 size card.  Then scored it in half with the scoring blade on my Stampin' Up paper trimmer.
 
I took a piece of white card stock and cut it 4" x 5.25". With the remainder of the Pool Party card stock I cut 7 strips 5.25" long and 1/8" wide and 5 strips 4" long and 1/8" wide .   
 
TIP: I love the Stampin' Up Paper Trimmer because it has measurements on the right side of the cutter, which makes this much easier to cut smaller strips of paper.
 
I  wove the horizontal strips with the vertical strips after securing the horizontal strips with glue dots on both ends. I secured the long strip with a glue dot after it was woven. I found it easier to lift the horizontal strip with my paper piercer when going underneath the vertical strips . (Sorry I didn't measure the spaces between the strips, I usuall eyeball everything)
 
After the weaving was done I ran it through my Big Shot using a Sizzix embossing folder that I had called Square Lattice to give it the texture that I wanted.  To give the  ends of my "tablecloth" a fringed look I used my Fringe Scissors and cut the ends probably about 1/16" in. I  used "Dimensionals" to secured the "tablecloth" to the "Pool Party" card base
  
I stamped the "There's Always Time for Tea" image in "Pool Party" ink from the "A Nice Cuppa"  stamp set onto the white card stock, cut 3" X 4.25". This photopolymer stamp set is from the Stampin' Up Occasions Catalog. I then stamped the lemon image in "Crushed Curry" and also the little tea bag paper (what is that called anyway?) and then cut them out by hand and secured them using "Dimensionals" 
 
  •  TIP: Make sure that you use the Stampin' Up Paper Piercing mat with your Photopolymer stamps for a better image. Place a sheet of scrap paper on the mat and then your card stock on top of that to keep your mat clean and stamp.   
I was really wishing that I had bought the "Curvy Corner Trio Punch " I thought the one corner on the punch would have been nice to repeat the white sections in the lemon on the corners of the stamped image card stock.  But since I didn't buy it (yet) I tried to improvise using a couple other punches which didn't work out so I cut them off at an angle with my scissors.  After I did that I thought it looked like a teabag paper. I pierced a hole at the top, took some white bakers twine and threaded it through the top, making a knot, and then threaded the twine underneath the stamped image so it would come out the bottom.  I used a dot of Tombow Multipurpose glue at the top arch of the twine to secure it in place.  (The Stampin' Up Fine Glue pen would also work great for this.)
 
It didn't turn out half bad.  What do you think?
 
 
As always all these supplies can be purchased at my store: www.sharonbrennan.stampinup.net
 
 Supplies:
 
 
 
Crushed Curry #131173


Curvey Corner Punch #139683


Dimensionals #104430


Fine Tip Glue Pen #138309

Fringe Scissors #133325

Occasions 2016 Catalog 141451


Paper Piercing Tool

Stampin' Up Paper Trimmer

Pool Party Card Stock #122924

Pool Party Stamp Pad #126982

Paper Piercing Mat #126199

Whisper White Baker's Twine #124262
A Nice Cuppa Stamp Set #140683
Mini Glue Dots #103683
Tombow Multipurpose Glue #110755


Whisper White Card Stock #124302
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...