Tuesday, February 23, 2016

"Tea Time"




 
 
I love this bundle from the Stampin' Up 2016 Occasions Catalog.  I fell in love with it from the minute I saw it and couldn't wait to get it and use it.   The stamp set is "A Nice Cuppa" and the Framelit set is "Cups and Kettles". I bought the bundle, which saves you 15% on both.  The matching paper (DSP designer series paper) is "Have a Cuppa" stack.
 
This is my first card from it.The base of the card is "Melon Mambo" card stock and the background layer is some DSP that I have from last  year that went with the "Painted Petals" stamp set.  I sponged it with some "Melon Mambo" ink.

I used the tea cup framelit and cut out the tea cup and then used the bottom of the tea cup and cut a sliver out of white and attached it with a glue dot to the bottom of the back of the tea cup.. For the saucer I used the Large Oval punch.

It was calling out for some silverware and a newspaper. So I cut out a small square from the 'Typeset" DPS and lightly folded it and secured it with a glue dot.

The napkin is just a small square cut from some paper towel and folded.  The silverware, was a puzzle.  I couldn't think of any paper that I had that would work, for me anyway.  Then I remembered I had some tape that I found in my late husband's garage stash.  Not sure what it's called, it's found a your local Home Depot or Lowe's.  It has adhesive on the back so I cut a length of about 2" from it, attached it to a scrap of cardstock and ran the pieces through my Big Shot.

There were marks on the silverware from the holes to separate the paper from the framelit.  I liked them on the handle to give it some texture, but didn't want them on the tines, blade or bowl so I took my bonefolder and just smoothed them out.

The teabag I stamped in "Tip Top Taupe" then found a heart that was small enough in my "Just Saying" stamp set and stamped it in "Melon Mambo" in the center of the little box.

The steam heart I cut out of velum, but white would work too.  It would be nice with a little "Wink of Stella" to give it some sparkle.

The sentiment, I stamped again in "Melon Mambo", stamping off once and the again used the "Large Oval" punch.

 

 
Any of the products that I use can be purchased in my store:
 
 
Catalog and Products:
 
2016 Occasions Catalog (Single Copy) by Stampin' Up!
2016 Occasions Catalog

Sale-A-Bration Brochure (Single)
Sale-a-bration earn free product until March 31, ask me how.
 
 
A Nice Cuppa Photopolymer Bundle by Stampin' Up!
A Nice Cuppa Photopolymer Bundle 141074
 
Have a Cuppa Designer Series Paper Stack by Stampin' Up!
Have a Cuppa" DSP #140567



 


Melon Mambo 8-1/2" x 11" Cardstock by Stampin' Up!
Add caption
Melon Mambo 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock 115320

















Melon Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad by Stampin' Up!
Melon Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad 126948

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...