Friday, February 26, 2016

Celebrating You




 
 

Last night I went to my monthly Stampin' Up class with my upline, Candy.  We usually make 4 cards but since we didn't meet in December we are making up for that month and made 6 cards in about 1-1/2 hours.  Can you believe that?  Over the next few days I'll be sharing with you the cards that we made.  I think they are all adorable. (the paperclip is not part of the card, I did that so it would stay closed while I took a photo of it.)
Along with the "Remembering Your Birthday" stamp set, from our Annual catalog we used the "Birthday Bouquet Designer Paper".  We used two of the paper designs for this card. Don't the ice cream cones look adorable. 
 
The base card is Red Rose, and the embellishments are silver glitter ribbon and small "Metallic Foil Doilies". The sentiment is stamped in "Mint Macaron" on Whisper White cardstock.
 
The left side, card base is 6-1/4" wide by 4-1/4" tall, scored at 2-1/4", forming the flap on the left side with the polka dot DSP.  The flap on the right side is 7" wide by 4-3/4" tall, scored in half at 3-1/2". 
 
  • Affixed polka dot DSP measuring 6x4", to the left flap, with Snail Adhesive, SU Glue Stick  or Tombow glue. 
  • After stamping the sentiment (TIP: I always stamp before affixing, that way if I mess up my stamping I can flip it over and stamp on the other side) 
  • Affix the white card stock to the smaller Rose card that you have scored in half.  (This will open to the right so make sure you affix to what would normally be the back side.) 
  • Glue the Ice Cream Cone DSP, cut to 3-1/4" x 2-1/2", to the bottom of the white card stock 
  • Wrap the ribbon around the white card stock to cover the seam.
  • Affix the Metallic Foil Doily and then making a box out of the Silver Glitter Ribbon, glue that to the medallion.
  • With the smaller card folded half, put some adhesive on the back, then line the right side up with the right side of the base, centering it from top to bottom. 
  • To stamp an inside sentiment, cut a piece of white card stock 5-1/4"x 4" and pick out your favorite sentiment and stamp in Mint Macaron.
 
Voila!  Your card is done.  Isn't it just stinking cute?
 

As always, I appreciate your comments.  If you would like a catalog, please email me and I will be sure to send you one.
    Supplies:
 


Birthday Bouquet DSP #140557

Metallic Foil Doilies #138392

Mint Macaron #138326

Remembering Your Birthday #131350

Snail #104332
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...