Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Pansy Petals "Tuesdays At Two" Birthday Card

 Today's "Tuesday At Two" features the "Pansy Patch" bundle.  Pansy's always remind me of two people, my paternal Norwegian grandmother, who was a great baker and gardener.  She always had Pansies.  And my friend, Norma, who taught me, later in life, about Pansies and how they were great for cooler temps, like we have here in Minnesota.  

I CASE'D this card from lynnslocker.  I made a couple of changes, as usual.  😀


This card is for a more avid stamper, it has a lot of moving pieces.  I did a little stamping as well as die cutting and assembling the larger main pansy and the smaller bud off to the side.

I also wanted to make a couple of simpler cards for the more casual stamper.  This one is mostly die cutting, cutting the flowers from the coordinating DSP Pansy Petals. The sentiment is simply stamped on the white card base.
In this 3rd card incorporates some stamping and a little die cutting. 
I found, when stamping the flowers, it's easier to line up if you stamp the darker, detail stamp first.  You can used the same color ink for both steps, which is good if you are just starting out and can't afford to get all the inks.  I stamped off the background (lighter color) once, using the new Fresh Freesia ink.  I think this is going to be one of my favorites! I stamped them on Basic White cardstock and then die cut them.

The bud on the stem, off to the side, is also stamped. I love that they brought back some gingham with this DSP.  Apparently I'm not the only one that's a fan of gingham.  It always looks so neat and clean.

Here is today's video, if the video does not show up on your mobile device, click here



The cardstock dimensions:
Basic White:
  • 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
  • 2" x 1 1/2" flower base
  • 2 1/2" x 5/8" sentiment
Fresh Freesia:
  • 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
  • 1 1/2" x 6 flowers
Blackberry Bliss:
  • 2 3/4" x 4" flower outer edges and insides
Old Olive:
  • 3 1/2" x 1 1/4" leave detail
Pear Pizzazz:
  • 1 1/2" x 2" leaves and stem
Crushed Curry
  • scrap for flower centers
Pansy Patch Designer Series Paper
  • 3 3/8" x 4 5/8" background layer
  • 3/4" x 2 3/4" sentiment
SUPPLIES: CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE

Here are the supplies that were used:



Pansy Patch bundle
#155674

Pansy Patch stamps
#154999
 

Pansy Dies
#155680
 

Scalloped Contours #155560
 

Pansy Petals DSP
#155807
 

Fresh Freesia #155613
 

Basic White
#159276
 

Blackberry Bliss #133675
 

Old Olive
#100702



Fresh Freesia
#155613





I hope you enjoy this project.  Thank you for stopping by!

Sharon



Images© Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...