Thursday, September 17, 2020

Your Are A Lifesaver: Matchbook

 I made these little lifesaver matchbooks to give to the donors for our blood drive at church last February.   We are having another blood drive in a few weeks and my church asked if I would make some more.  Gladly!



These are made with all retired product, except the Night of Navy ink and the Balmy Blue cardstock.

The dimensions are:

Cut 8 matchbook covers from one 8-1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock. Cut the cardstock in half at 5-1/2" then cut that piece in 2" sections.  You will have 1/2" left over. 

Score each piece at 1/2", 3" and 3-1/4" or if you have a Stampin' Up!® paper trimmer, you can measure one end on the right side of the cutting path at 1/2" then slide the other end over to the 2-1/4" and the 2-1/2" marks on the left side and score at this marks.

The DSP (pattern paper) panel on the front is 1-3/4" x 2".  Make sure that if you are using directional paper make sure the 2" is vertical (portrait) direction.

The sentiment on the inside is stamped right below the score mark. 

I misspoke in the video.  The life ring was punched out with a 1-1/4" circle punch and a 1/2" punch to punch out the center circle 1st.  Much easier to punch the half inch circle before punching the 1-1/4" circle.  The life ring was a something I made.  

Check out the video here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...