Saturday, December 16, 2017

December Stamp-A-Stack, Uffda!

If you read my previous post I mentioned that I prepared for 3 classes in two days.  My Tuesday evening class back to back with my Stamp-a-Stack, which is usually the next week.

We made 3 cards, four of each.  And boy oh boy you could tell I was a little off my game.

These are the cards we made. 


 
 It all started with this card.  When I cut the black piece on the bottome I cut it the right depth, 2" but only 4" instead of 5-1/2".  So, no problem, we switch the card to portrait instead of landscape and everything was hunky dory. 

We used the Winter Wonder embossing folder on the Whisper White top layer.  The black layer is Merry Music DSP.  The sentiment is from  October Paper Pumpkin, "Pining for Plaid" stamp set and punch with the "Everyday Label" punch.  The Basic Black back layer is 3" x 2" and both ends are punch with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch.

The ribbon joining both layers is the 1/8" Silver ribbon.



This card, no problems!  Yay! The DSP is again from the Merry Music Specialty paper.  The sentiment is from the Night in Bethlehem stamped in Cherry Cobbler on a 4" x 1" strip and then hand cut into a banner.  The back layer is Cherry Cobbler.  The tree is from the retired set "Lovely as a Tree".  It is embellished with a bow from Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine.



This is where things went terribly wrong.  My math wasn't so great.  Each card has nine triangles (5 green and 4 red or vise versa)using the die from the Quilt Builder Framelit bundle and the Quilted Christmas DSP stack. 

So when I made the packets for each person I only cut enough triangles for one card for each of them.  That was 48 triangles for theirs and my sample.  Well we needed 108 triangles!!!!! So, while they are working on other cards I am madly cranking out the remainder triangles for each of them.  Thank the Lord they are very patient and understanding. 

I'm not sure if they each finished their cards in class or just stamped and embossed what they needed to and took the rest home. 

The sentiment is from the November 2016 Paper Pumpkin Kit and punched with the Classic Layer Punch and the adhered to the red strip and then the corner cut off.  The top white layer is embossed with the Quilt Top  embossing folder.  The star at the top of the tree is punched from a retired mini star punch.

I hope you enjoy these.  Let me know if you have any questions. 


Merry Christmas!



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...