Friday, July 21, 2017

It's been a busy week with card club classes and my middle grandson's birthday. We had our "date" yesterday.  I take them out for lunch, one on one, a movie and then they  pick out their birthday present.  I enjoy just spending time with them this way.  Hoping that they enjoy it too and like the special time alone. 
 

 
This morning I rest.  With my chronic fatigue I have to  pace myself, and this week I over did.  So, as I'm laying in bed I came up with this design.  
I used three stamp sets, Sitting Here,  At Home with You and Thoughts and Prayers for the tree branches.  I love all things "beachy" so I was going for a beach cottage affect here.  

I used Tempting Turquoise, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip (for the chocolate lab of course) and Soft Suede for the Bench.  I also used a little Soft Gray for the shadowing under the bench.
 
I stamped the door in Tempting Turquoise and then used a blender pen to color it in, to give it a weathered look.  I also cut out a piece of So Saffron and vellum for the door window. 
 
The bench is also colored in with a blender pen in the Soft Suede.  

My lab is fussy cut and the adhered with a Dimensional. The round pillow can be punched out with a 3/4" punch.  The square pillow  is also fussy cut. 
 
I hope you enjoy this card.  I enjoyed making it.  Everyone who leaves a comment will be entered into a drawing for July for a free gift from me.
 
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...