Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Stylish Stems Gift Folder

Hey everyone, if you have been following my blog lately you've noticed a theme.  I'm on a gift box kick for cards.  Today's is more of a folder.  If there is enough interest I will make a video, please let me know in your comments.


 
Since I'm kinda on a Stylish Stems kick I thought way the heck not do another card too!  The card, is pretty straightforward.  I used Flirty Flamingo, Pool Party and So Saffron as the flower colors and Pear Pizzazz for the leaves.  I used all the sentiments in the set, one set for each card and I used almost all the Thinlits too! I also used some of the ribbon from the Sale-a-bration catalog.

I CASE'd this folder idea from someone, I believe in Germany, Kreativ mit Rat (h).  She used the Floral Phrases Thinlits.  This is her folder



When I made my folder I did either an ingenious thing or a dorky thing.  Instead of decorating the outside, I attached one of my cello sleeves to the front and inserted one of the cards.  Partly because 4 cards would not fit in the inside pocket.  So I improvised! If I would make this again I would adjust her measurements. 



 


She did provide directions but they are all in German, so I just went by her English measurements on her pdf: http://www.tanja-rath.de/resources/cardfolderinch.pdf 

When you make this folder you have to use 12 x 12 paper.  Sad to say I don't have a lot of that on hand, except some non-Stampin' Up.  My first attempt at this card was a disaster, well not exactly that bad but I measured wrong so the inside pockets were too small for an A2 card. So I used my non-SU paper just to work out the bugs so to speak.


Next time, I would make both score lines on all three sides 1/2" and 1" instead of 1/4" and 1/2". You would also have  to add another inch to the width and 1/2" to the height of the cut cardstock. You would also need to add 1/2" to the middle between score line on the folder.

The colored parts (shown in the pdf) you cut away.

She doesn't give measurements for the inside panels but they were about 4-1/2"  I just measured inside the score lines and then cut the panels and adhered them with some Tombow.

Score all the lines, then apply Tear and Tape to the bottom flap, attached the bottom flap over the side flaps, the will be a u shaped. Then apply Tear and Tape to the side flaps and lay it on the folder panel. 

Here is my attempt, I think I might embellish the inside pockets a bit more and decorate the envelopes. But this was kind of a down and dirty quick attempt at this.  When I get my  SU 12 x 12 I will make some more of these.

On second thought, check back next week and I will have a video and the dimensions I used, I think that will make it easier for all of us!  Till then....

Thanks for stopping in. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...