Monday, March 6, 2017

Stylish Stems Gift Box

 Helllooo everrybodeee! When I said that in my mind, it came out like Grover from Sesame Street.  I used to read "The Monster at the End of this book" to my son over and over when he was just a tot.  Now he's in his 30's.  Oh, sweet memories!  Now I love to read to my grandson's whenever I get the chance.

So, I promised you the directions to this beautiful gift box for those gorgeous Stylish Stems cards! I absolutely am in love with this DSP from the Fruit Stand collection!  I may have to stock up on more! The color is Flirty Flaming, which I also absolutely love!


I mention in the video that I CASE'd this box from someone in the UK, I thought it was Hedgehog Hollow, she made the note card size but I'm not able to find the video back so I can't be sure.   I redesigned the box size to fit our A2 or 5-1/2" x 4-1/2" cards. 

Here is my video.

 
There is an addendum at the end of the video.  I forgot to cut the angles of the box as shown below. 







Here are the directions and dimensions, I will give those also for the note card size:

For reference I'm going to refer the colors that I used to make my box.


A2 Size
Box:
  • Whisper White 8-3/4" x 6-1/2"
    • Score at 3-1/4, 4-1/4", Long Side
    • Score at 1" and 5-1/2", Short Side
 DSP Panel (I used Fruit Stand DSP)
  •  4-1/4" x 3"
If you want to just do the box you can stop with these to pieces, if you also want to make the flap that goes over the top you will also need:

Flap that goes over the top
  • Whisper White 4-1/2" x 10-1/2"
    • Score at 3-1/2", 4-1/2" , Long Side
  • DSP Panel 4-1/4" x 3-1/4"
Belly Band:
  • Whisper White (I used a retired Irresistibly Yours DSP) 1A" x 11-1/2"
    • Score at 2-1/8, 3-1/8", 7-7/8" and 8-7/8".  One side will be a little longer than the other, but this will be covered up by the panel on the belly band
Belly Band Panel:
  • Whisper White 
    • 3" x 3"(I again used the Irresistibly Yours for the back panel
    • 3" x 3" for the die cut flower
  • DSP (Fruit Stand)
    • 3' x 3" for the back of the white flower, cut with the matching Framelit.
 
 
Note Card Size:
 
Dimensions:
 
Card Stock: 9-1/2" x 3-1/2"
 
Box:
  • Score at 3-3/4", 4-1/2", 8-1/4" and 9" Long Side
  • Score at 3/4" both sides, short side
Flap:
  • Card stock is 3-3/4" x 10"
  • Score at 5-1/4" & 6", Long Side
Process for making this is the same as in my video.

Here are the supplies that I used to make the gift box (with the exception of the retired Irresistibly Yours DSP).  All the supplies are available in my store:

https://www.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx
 

 
Stylish Stems
#142750

 
Fruit Stand DSP
#141660

 
Whisper White 12x12
#124302

 
Metallic Sequins
#138390

 
Glue Dots
#103683

 
Tombow Glue
#110755

 
Snail
#104332

 
Tear and Tape
#138995

 
Big Shot
#113493

 
Simply Scored
#127853

 
Big Shot Die Brush
#140603

Stampin' Trimmer
#126889
 

Bone Folder
#102300
 

 
 
Paper Snips
#103579

 
Magnetic Platform
#130658
   
Paper Piercing Tool
#126189

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 As one of my customers you can also qualify for $$$ of, for every $30 you spend you get a punch on my rewards card. After 10 punches you get $10 off your next order. 

Also, there is still time through March to qualify for free product from the Sale-a-bration catalog!  Don't miss out!  Lots of beautiful fun things to choose from!

Till next time, may God bless you!

Sharon

 
 
 
 
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...