Friday, February 9, 2018

A Sweet Suite! A simple and elegant wedding card with Cake Soireé

This sweet suite is so special it is on 4 pages in the new 2018 Stampin' Up! Occasions catalog. 

What makes it a suite?  It not only has coordinating stamp and Framelits sets, as well as DSP (Designer Series Paper), it has embellishments, ribbon, decorative masks to use with two beautiful embossing pastes (silver & shimmery white).  Check out the catalog for a closer look, on pages 10 - 13.

I have a close friend that comes to my classes and she simply comes to make the cards and have some conversation.  I love when she comes so we can catch up.  Since she doesn't have supplies at home I like to find out what kind of card she might want or need soon.  She recently mentioned a wedding card and I knew this beautiful set would make a gorgeous and elegant wedding card. 

I also used another stamp set called Special Occasions that has a lot of beautiful sentiments for weddings, babies, birthdays, friends. I love this set because it has matching sentiments for the outside as well as the inside, which is what I did. 

Here is a short video on putting the card together.


Once the pieces are cut out it goes together fairly quickly.  If you have a lot of weddings coming up it would make a great card to keep a few of these on hand.  I'm sure the bride and groom will love and treasure this card, especially since you made it for them.

Sizes:

Whisper White
  • 4" x 5-1/4 (2 one for inside and one for outside)
  • 3" x 2-3/4" (cake)
  • 3/4" x 3-1/4" (sentiment)
Smokey Slate
8-1/2" x 5-1/2" scored at 4-1/4" (card base)

Silver Foil
  • 3" x 2-3/4" (cake stand and bow on top of cake)
  • 1" x 3-1/2" (sentiment)
Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet (especially great with intricate, delicate dies)
3" x 2-3/4" (applied to back of foil)

Supplies:




Cake Soirée Bundle
147627
 

Cake Soirée Stamp Set
#145745
 

 


Sweet Cake Framelits
#145617


Special Celebrations Stamp Set
#143885
 
 



 
Silver Foil
#132178
 

Delicate White Doilies
#141701
 

 
Smokey Slate cardstock
#131202
 

Whisper White cardstock
#100730
 

 

 
 

Smokey Slate Ink
#131179
 
 


Basic Gray Archival Ink
#140932
 
 


 
Dimensionals
#104430

 
Paper Piercing Tool
#126189

 
Clear "D" Block
#118485



Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets
#144106
 

Multipurpose Glue
#110755
 

Mini Glue Dots
#103683
 

If you don't have a demonstrator and would like to purchase any of these products, I hope you will consider shopping at my store: www.sharonbrennan.stampinup.net

 Thank you so much for spending some time with me.  If you enjoyed my post, please subscribe so you don't miss any updates.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips on Organizing new stamp sets & dies/bundles and using Pinterest

 Not being organized makes me go in a tizzy!  I like to be able to put my hands on a stamp set when I'm creating a card.  Looking for a ...